If you’re ready to begin a rewarding career as a Registered Nurse, the Associate Degree Nursing program is the ideal entry point for you. If you’re already an LVN or LPN who wants to take your career and care to the next level, you can apply for Advanced Placement status which allows you to skip the first 4 semesters of this program and achieve your goals even sooner.
Unitek College Associate Degree Nursing—ADN
The Associate Degree Nursing program is a pre-licensure Registered Nursing program. The program s goal is to prepare students to pass the NCLEX-RN license exam and gain entry-level employment as Registered Nurses. General Education courses are 100% online and allow a maximum of 20 students per class.
PROGRAM LENGTH: The expected length of this program is 112 weeks (26 months). Graduates will earn 79.5 semester credit hours and an Associates of Science Degree in Nursing.
Graduates of nursing-board approved Vocational Nursing or Practical Nursing programs who have completed all required General Education courses may apply for Advanced Placement status into the program. This would allow them to skip the first 4 semesters of the program. Please discuss this option with our Admissions team. Applicants are encouraged to discuss this option with our Admissions Representatives
Demand for Registered Nurses
Employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 16 percent from 2014 to 2024, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. 1 According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Growth will occur for a number of reasons, including an increased emphasis on preventive care; growing rates of chronic conditions, such as diabetes and obesity; and demand for healthcare services from the baby-boom population, as they live longer and more active lives.
Registered Nurse Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Record patients’ medical histories and symptoms
- Administer patients’ medicines and treatments
- Set up plans for patients’ care or contribute to existing plans
- Observe patients and record the observations
- Consult and collaborate with doctors and other healthcare professionals
- Operate and monitor medical equipment
- Help perform diagnostic tests and analyze the results
- Teach patients and their families how to manage illnesses or injuries
- Explain what to do at home after treatment
To enroll in the Unitek College Associate Degree Nursing Program, a prospective student must complete the following steps:
- Career planning session and admissions interview
- Submit proof of high school education or equivalent
- Entrance assessment test
- Admissions application
- Enrollment agreement
- Financing arrangements and, if applicable, all documents needed to obtain an official award letter for Federal Student Aid
Associate Degree of Nursing Program is available at:
Complete this form and our Admissions department will contact you shortly with more information